The Air Force and Air Defence Command controls day-to-day activities and operational and combat training of the subordinate staffs and units, as well as training and education of their service members.
Key tasks of the AFAD Command:
- upholding AFAD’s combat and mobilisation readiness and combat capability;
- organising and supervising air defence combat duty;
- controlling AFAD’s day-to-day activities;
- making proposals to the Minister of Defence regarding cooperation with national and local authorities in the issues of organising Belarusian territory, communications and transport for defence;
- making motions on the implementation of international agreements.
Key activities of the AFAD Command:
- organising operational and combat training;
- arranging routine military service;
- conducting ideological work, strengthening military discipline and rule of law and ensuring safety of military service and order;
- carrying out military scientific work;
- providing legal support and working out regulations;
- ensuring flight safety;
- organising operation, maintenance, storage and repair of armament and military equipment;
- improving training facilities and equipment;
- performing environmental control at permanent dispositions;
- conducting personnel training and placement.