The Belarusian Armed Forces are an integral element of the state military establishment, responsible for ensuring military security and armed defence of Belarus, its sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity.
Key tasks in peacetime:
• upholding defence capability and combat and mobilisation readiness on the level that ensures defence from an attack of a local scale;
• providing information security of its activities;
• revealing preparation for an attack on Belarus;
• defending and guarding the state border of Belarus in the airspace;
• establishing multifunctional military systems providing comprehensive solutions to defence issues;
• preparing for mobilisation;
• providing strategic deployment within the country’s conversion to a wartime posture;
• executing operational, combat and mobilisation training programmes and adopting new warfare techniques and military technologies;
• maintaining armament and military equipment in combat ready condition;
• improving air defence as an integrated defence system of the Belarus–Russia Union State;
• upholding high morale of the personnel.
In peacetime the Armed Forces perform multiple tasks to ensure military security and armed defence of Belarus, its sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity in conjunction with other troops.
Key tasks in wartime:
• conducting armed defence of Belarus;
• repulsing an attack in any strategic environment both independently and together with the allied militaries;
• defeating the enemy and creating prerequisites for ceasefire (conclusion of peace) on favourable terms.
In order to defend Belarus, its sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity, in wartime the Armed Forces are employed in conjunction with other troops under a single command.